cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Tol_Display....Where do the values save in the Parts?

MichaelLai
2-Guest

Tol_Display....Where do the values save in the Parts?

Background:

Drawing DTL

tol_display yes

config.pro

tol_display no

tol_mode nominal

I am using the the option in the bottom right of the drawing to set tolerances within a title block

(.X ± &linear_tol_0_0 .XX ± &linear_tol_0_00 a ± &angular_tol_0_0)

drwtol.JPG

drwtol1.JPG

By default the tolerances are as shown, but I would like the default to be .X +/- 0.4 and .XX +/- 0.20.

I found that if I create a new part and drawing and set the tolerances to what I want they save. If I then save a copy of the part and make a new drawing, the tolerances are as I set them in the original part.

I believe I can cheat by doing this method with the startparts, but I would prefer to know where the values are stored and what the best method would be to accomplish this.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The value for the options linear_tol_0.0, linear_tol_0.00, etc can only be an integer value from 0-9 so it specifies the digit at the related decimal place. To get the value you're looking for try linear_tol 2 0.20.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

The linear_tol values are only applied when a model is first created. The help says these options only apply to models created after the option is specified. There is a catch that most people miss, at least from what I've seen, that confuses people on how the option works. The catch is you should be creating a new Empty part. When you create a new Empty part the linear_tol options specified will be applied. Most use start models to create new models. The problem as I see it is the start model was created before the option was specified which is why the tolerances are not what you are expecting. Whether or not this is what was intended I have no idea.

I have read and reread the help files regarding what you are saying and couldn't seem to get it to work.

The settings I have tried...

tol_display yes

tol_mode nominal

linear_tol_0.0 .4

linear_tol_0.00 .20

I then create a new Empty part and the tolerances are still as I had shown above.

EDIT:

After playing around with it somemore

linear_tol_0.0 4 Yields the correct X.X +/- .4

However

linear_tol_0.00 2 Yields X.XX +/- .02

linear_tol_0.00 20 Yields X.XX +/- .02

How do I get by default X.XX +/- .20??

The value for the options linear_tol_0.0, linear_tol_0.00, etc can only be an integer value from 0-9 so it specifies the digit at the related decimal place. To get the value you're looking for try linear_tol 2 0.20.

Top Tags