cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Trail files...

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Trail files...

Can we specifiy the default trail file location in config.pro?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Antonius,

use the following config.pro option:

TRAIL_DIR <path_to_directory>

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Antonius,

use the following config.pro option:

TRAIL_DIR <path_to_directory>

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Without setting the Trail_Dir config option Martin suggested, your trail files will go in the directory where Creo/Wildfire was started.

If you launch your application from a desktop shortcut, you can right-click that shortcut and edit it's properties. Set the Start In directory (on the shortcut properties menu) to change the start directory for Creo/Wildfire. Martin's solution is probably what you needed, but just incase I thought I'd mention the startup directory thing, too.,

Good luck!

-Brian

Thanks Martin

Brian, yes, I figured that one out already and that is why I now need to guide the trail files to somewhere unobtrusive.

Top Tags