cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Trouble converting .prt file into .stl format...

simran
6-Contributor

Trouble converting .prt file into .stl format...

Hello everyone, I am working on a solid model here and i want a 3D print of it and the printer requires .stl file format, the problem is my solid model which is a .prt file is not saving as .stl file format. there is no option available in 'save as' drop down menu where i can select the file to be saved as .stl file format. My .prt file is a complete solid not a surface. Anyone here knows where is the problem? i have attached the file i want to convert

I am using CREO Parametric 1.0.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
simran
6-Contributor
(To:simran)

Hey thanks for help I have resolved the issue. Actually I had to scroll down to see other file formats saving options.. my bad sorry for bothering you guys...

thanks for the help though..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dschenken
21-Topaz I

See the expected steps in http://help.ptc.com/creo_hc/creo30_pma_hc/usascii/index.html#page/pma/data_exchange/To_Export_to_an_STL_Render_OptegraVi…

Also there may be a bug in Creo that stl is only available in assemblies. Re: .stl file creation with PTC Creo Student Version

I know it worked on parts in WF5, so I don't know why it would not work in Creo, but there it is. Documentation says it works, users say it doesn't.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Creo 1.0 has its share of problems. This could be one of them.

I've attached an STL file with reasonable resolution for printing.

I made this with Creo 3.0. The save-as option for stereo lithography is there by default.

simran
6-Contributor

Hey thanks for help I have resolved the issue. Actually I had to scroll down to see other file formats saving options.. my bad sorry for bothering you guys...

thanks for the help though..

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags