cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Trouble converting .prt file into .stl format...

simran
6-Contributor

Trouble converting .prt file into .stl format...

Hello everyone, I am working on a solid model here and i want a 3D print of it and the printer requires .stl file format, the problem is my solid model which is a .prt file is not saving as .stl file format. there is no option available in 'save as' drop down menu where i can select the file to be saved as .stl file format. My .prt file is a complete solid not a surface. Anyone here knows where is the problem? i have attached the file i want to convert

I am using CREO Parametric 1.0.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
simran
6-Contributor
(To:simran)

Hey thanks for help I have resolved the issue. Actually I had to scroll down to see other file formats saving options.. my bad sorry for bothering you guys...

thanks for the help though..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dschenken
21-Topaz I

See the expected steps in http://help.ptc.com/creo_hc/creo30_pma_hc/usascii/index.html#page/pma/data_exchange/To_Export_to_an_STL_Render_OptegraVi…

Also there may be a bug in Creo that stl is only available in assemblies. Re: .stl file creation with PTC Creo Student Version

I know it worked on parts in WF5, so I don't know why it would not work in Creo, but there it is. Documentation says it works, users say it doesn't.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Creo 1.0 has its share of problems. This could be one of them.

I've attached an STL file with reasonable resolution for printing.

I made this with Creo 3.0. The save-as option for stereo lithography is there by default.

simran
6-Contributor

Hey thanks for help I have resolved the issue. Actually I had to scroll down to see other file formats saving options.. my bad sorry for bothering you guys...

thanks for the help though..

Top Tags