cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

User Formats in M070...

ptc-3452758
1-Newbie

User Formats in M070...

We just rolled out 58 workstations with Creo Elements/Pro m070 all off the same ghost image. When the user start pro/e it copies over a config.pro, config.sup and a config.win. None of these users see the user format area when they go to replace a drawing format. all they have is system formats. I have the pro_format_dir set correctly. I have pointed this to windchill and to a local network location. This is where things get odd. I have 4 systems that were used for testing and they see the user formats. These did not come off the image. Another odd thing when I log into windchill on one of these boxes from pro/e the user format shows up. I have looked at permissions in windchill and cannot find any differences. Any help would be great.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

We ran into this on Wildfire 4.0 for one user and found that the user did not name the Windchill server correctly (the name used in the config.pro path) when registering the server. Just a thought.

Thanks so much you were almost 100% correct. The stupid thing is still case sensitive.

I've found that it didn't matter what directory you set, the default is always the "system formats", though you can get to the formats we have in Windchill. I've never been able to get to work. Also, be aware that in Windchill, it's imperative to have your format pulled from Windchill and not a network drive to avoid "version" issues at check-in. Check this thread:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/186251#186251

Top Tags