cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

User_words ModelCheck Dictionary Share drive

HW_9564609
7-Bedrock

User_words ModelCheck Dictionary Share drive

Hello All,

Creo 4.0 M140.

Considering moving our model check files to a share drive using modelcheck_dir to give us flexibility to adjust them without need to deploy new updates to users.

I've seen a few topics regarding the dictionary and user_words. It seems this file will only read from the load point directory.  Can anyone confirm this is true?

Anyone have success sharing a dictionary with other users? We could restrict write access in our shared drive to prevent things from getting too wild if needed of course.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:HW_9564609)

That is NOT true. I have both Creo 4 M080 and Creo 7.0.7.0.

My ModelCheck folder is moved to a network drive and it does read the user_words file from that shared location.

I also put the ModelCheck report folder on a shared drive. I review the reports and add new words to the user_words file weekly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:HW_9564609)

That is NOT true. I have both Creo 4 M080 and Creo 7.0.7.0.

My ModelCheck folder is moved to a network drive and it does read the user_words file from that shared location.

I also put the ModelCheck report folder on a shared drive. I review the reports and add new words to the user_words file weekly.

Very interesting. I'll have to keep playing around then. 

Do you utilize the same folder structure as the loadpoint? (Modchk/text/language/spell/user_words)

Could having the user_words file in the loadpoint still be causing issues?

I was able to get model check to read a custom directory, but once it started doing so it no longer would pick up on user_words in my loadpoint C drive and wouldn't use the version in my custom directory either.

I had too many test cases going on. Thought it was having an issue with getting to our shared drives so forgot I had moved my directory to a more local modelcheck_dir.

It does seem to be picking up on my custom words now.

Thank you for confirming!

Top Tags