cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

VBA API IN CREO

gdevkhile
2-Guest

VBA API IN CREO

Hello ,

I am new to Creo, I am expert in solidworks vba API, Now i want to learn creo API.

Can any one tell me how i can open vba environment in creo, is there need to purchase any special license.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Ganesh,

1. Like SolidWorks, CREO doesn't have own VB Environment, But Creo having VB Libraries with Limited functions to access CREO tools. It is free only. VB API only works with Asynchronously in CREO. So need to develop your external environment through MS Office VBA or Visual Studio VB.NET.
  2. To work Synchronously with CREO, you need to use CREO Toolkit (C/C++) or J-Link (Java). which also does not contains own Environment. You can access maximum functionality in CREO with these tools. Also you can use ProWebLink for Web Environment.
  3. CREO Toolkit required Costlier License. J-Link is Free License.
  4. Access the VB API User Guide, Sample files from CREO Installation Folder. Path looks like this C:\PTC\Creo2-amd64-M120\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M120\vbapi
Parthiban Kannan

href="https://www.linkedin.com/in/parthiban-kannan/" target="_blank"

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

There is no VBA environment in Creo. The Creo VB API is accessible from other applications, including VBA. I b believe there is no VBA-specific interface.

This may be of use: VB-API and Excel VBA

Hello Ganesh,

1. Like SolidWorks, CREO doesn't have own VB Environment, But Creo having VB Libraries with Limited functions to access CREO tools. It is free only. VB API only works with Asynchronously in CREO. So need to develop your external environment through MS Office VBA or Visual Studio VB.NET.
  2. To work Synchronously with CREO, you need to use CREO Toolkit (C/C++) or J-Link (Java). which also does not contains own Environment. You can access maximum functionality in CREO with these tools. Also you can use ProWebLink for Web Environment.
  3. CREO Toolkit required Costlier License. J-Link is Free License.
  4. Access the VB API User Guide, Sample files from CREO Installation Folder. Path looks like this C:\PTC\Creo2-amd64-M120\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M120\vbapi
Parthiban Kannan

Thank you pathiban kannan,

How do i connect MS Office VBA to  creo vb libraries to access creo command.

Thanks in advance

In the VBA code editor - look for Tools -> References. Chose the Creo libraries.

i m trying to find creo libraries from list.

creo vb.JPG

is there any presetting required to add creo libraries in list.

They are installed when Creo was installed, if the option was selected.

Hello Ganesh,

Before proceed to work with VB API, Read this article

How to Install, Register, & Configure Creo VB API Toolkit component in Creo Parametric - Knowledge Spot

Parthiban Kannan

Thank you.

CAD_user
13-Aquamarine
(To:gdevkhile)

I'm a litle confuse about creating macros in creo.

I read that there is a few possible languages.

Vba

J-link

J-link Toolkit

Object Toolkit

Are they available in the creo license?

Do we need third part softwares?

Is it possible creo to record some macros? If yes in which language?

I didn't found much information about writing api in creo, can you show me an active forum of creo api?

Hi,

to find basic information abour Creo mapkeys, please read http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/index.html#page/fundamentals/fundamentals/fund_five_sub/About_Mapkeys.html page.

Martin Hanák
SM_9943577
5-Regular Member
(To:PARTHIBAN_K)

Hi Sir,

I am not able to open this file its shows error while opening could you pl. guide me i also didn't find any options of Creo references in the excel.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shubham Mehta

ChrisGams
6-Contributor

How did you set up creo to be able to find the required reference in excel tool? I have the same issue I cannot find any creo library reference, I have follow the required installation but so far I have no luck to find any reference on my macro tools.

ChrisGams
6-Contributor

How did you set up Creo to be able to find the required reference in excel tool? I have the same issue I cannot find any creo library reference, I have follow the required installation but so far I have no luck to find any reference on my macro tools.

Hi,

Run / Execute the batch file \Parametric\bin\vb_api_register.bat to register PTC Creo Parametric VB API type COM library.

• Note: Needs Administrative level elevated privilege for successful registration. So, execute the batch file as Run as Administrator.

Martin Hanák
ChrisGams
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

I'll try it. Thank you Sir.

CAD_user
13-Aquamarine
(To:ChrisGams)

i've a few questions:

-I'm getting started to creo, what language do you recommend me to start looking for create my api?

-is there any api by  vb.net for creo? do we program it by visual studio?

-I read somewhere that vba will be progressively removed from creo. Is it correct?

-Where I can found the main functions accessible by vba

-Where I can get some tutorials to get started?

Top Tags