cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

WF5 Add on drop down menus

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

WF5 Add on drop down menus

WF5 M090

We are just installing WF5 and I'm working through our config settings.

One of things we do is create drop down menus in a company config.win
for easy access to our company mapkeys. We restrict company interface
changes to the drop down menus and use interface changes to anything
else. We load two config.win files configured like this and it has
worked well for several releases, back at least to WF1.

I loaded our WF4 config.win and it seemed to work fine, out of the box.
That is, until I opened a drawing. None of my drop down menus appeared
in drawing mode. I tried adding another, thinking they had to be WF5
menus and they still didn't appear. I tried starting from scratch with
no config.win and adding a new drop down menu and the menu I added
outside of drawing mode did not show when a drawing is open and a menu I
added in drawing mode did not show outside of drawing mode.

Has anyone successfully gotten drop down menus to work in WF5 across all
modes? I really don't want to have to keep two sets of menus up to
date.

Thanks,

Doug Schaefer

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
1 REPLY 1

On 08/24/11 07:54, Doug Schaefer wrote:
>
> WF5 M090
>
> We are just installing WF5 and I'm working through our config settings.
>
> One of things we do is create drop down menus in a company config.win for easy access to our company mapkeys. We
> restrict company interface changes to the drop down menus and use interface changes to anything else. We load two
> config.win files configured like this and it has worked well for several releases, back at least to WF1.
>
> I loaded our WF4 config.win and it seemed to work fine, out of the box. That is, until I opened a drawing. None of
> my drop down menus appeared in drawing mode. I tried adding another, thinking they had to be WF5 menus and they still
> didn't appear. I tried starting from scratch with no config.win and adding a new drop down menu and the menu I added
> outside of drawing mode did not show when a drawing is open and a menu I added in drawing mode did not show outside of
> drawing mode.
>
> Has anyone successfully gotten drop down menus to work in WF5 across all modes? I really don't want to have to keep
> two sets of menus up to date.
>

Welcome to the world of WF5 menu customization. Modifications made in drawing mode only show in drawing mode and
modification made in other modes don't show in the drawing mode. I have already been thru this with PTC tech support.

The good news is that you can tailor the drawing mode customizations to only drawing mode usage and vice versa for other
modes. The bad news is that you have to maintain two sets for common items.

> Thanks,
>
> *Doug Schaefer
> **
> Columbus, Ohio
>
Top Tags