cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

What datecode of Creo 3 do you think is most stable?

David_M
5-Regular Member

What datecode of Creo 3 do you think is most stable?

I had been using M060 for a bit, but a few recurring bugs pushed me to try M050. So far this seems much better.

Has anyone else noticed stability differences between the available versions?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10
jdoe
1-Newbie
(To:David_M)

A little off topic but how do get the maintenance updates I'm still using F000 from july of 2014. Need to up date for a KeyShot Plug-In. Any help would be great.

David_M
5-Regular Member
(To:jdoe)

Just go to PTC.com, Click on "support" at the top right, log in, then go to Download Centre and click on "Order or Download Software Updates"

I'd advise against F000 and M060. M050 has been good for me so far (coming up to two whole days!). Next week M070 is due out so out may want to wait for that.

byork
17-Peridot

Curious to what bugs you saw in M060.  We are currently evaluating M060 as well.

David_M
5-Regular Member
(To:byork)

One bug involved dragging the Insert Mode arrow. Often when there was more than one model in Insert Mode it would become impossible to drag the arrow. I could still right-click and place the arrow in new positions. Have a look at the video below.

Another bug was frequent crashes when using the draft tool for complex draft features - features which earlier versions would resolve.

Video Link : 6521

byork
17-Peridot

Thanks for the info!

David_M
5-Regular Member

Well I can rule out M050. There's a bug in the measure tool which I can repeat on demand to entirely crash the program. The same bug exists in M060 too. M070 is due out today so I'll try that next. I'm not optimistic.

If PTC had a way of me sending the model too them, with the relevant trail file, then I would do (under NDA).

I miss the stability of Wildfire 5 M120.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Creo3 M070 was delayed until December 2 according the latest Product Release schedule dated Nov. 23.

MAYBE when Creo3 gets to its 13th release (m120) it will be stable, too. ☺

David_M
5-Regular Member
(To:BenLoosli)

After a few days I found that M070 has two new bugs when closing parts and returning (automatically) to assembly windows. Sometimes it forces a switch to "shaded with edges" and sometimes it goes to the wrong assembly.

M070 also has a bug where periodically the items on the Model tab in the Ribbon will get compressed.

David_M
5-Regular Member

Just to keep this thread current, I downloaded Creo 3 M080 on February 4th and I stopped using it on the same day. M080 seems to have a bug in the management of layer visibility. Sometimes after hiding a default layer from the Layer Tree, the layer could not be unhidden. This does not occur in the other versions of Creo 3 that I have tried.

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

and solidworks has only uptil SP5.

Top Tags