cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Whats the best "RDP" client for remote working

David_Hale_00
4-Participant

Whats the best "RDP" client for remote working

Hi All

I am using a VPN then Microsoft's remote desktop connection. Then using my computer at work with CREO 2.0 and Windchill etc...

The graphics seem very laggy and big complex surfacing is difficult with the laggy / slow screen refresh rate. And I cant use twin monitors.

Is something like "team viewer" better? Has anyone got any experience on this?

David Hale / UK

3 REPLIES 3

This is a HUGE Problem...   We hear a LOT of pain in this area...

We have used AWS AppStream in the past for streaming 3D content from Applications... It is amazing... but application specific.

I would definitely look at Amazon Workspaces as an alternative -- it may be a nice hybrid for your VPN environment.  IT will not like this - but then again they may find it amazing.

Here is a nice example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DcQZ0t6u5E

Dave

At Navteca, we have explored a cost-effective alternative in the form of Amazon Workspaces, a cloud-based virtual desktop service, which can be provisioned to provide a powerful 3D modeling workspace that a user can pay to access only as often as they require.

@David_Hale_00, See if the below setting helps on VPN.

David_Hale_00
4-Participant
(To:Sanath)

Creo works fine via the VPN then from the VPN machine to RDP onto the workstation in the office... That's not the issue

The Issue is the slow screen refresh rate through a RDP

Top Tags