cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Which is the stable datacode in Creo 4.0?

selango
6-Contributor

Which is the stable datacode in Creo 4.0?

To upgrade from Creo 2.0 M120 to Creo 4.0, can someone recommend a stable date code in Creo 4?

Right now PTC released M80 for Creo 4 and there are datacodes from M10 till M70. Please advice

Thanks in advance,

Shenthil

5 REPLIES 5
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:selango)

If you use Restricted Parameter files, do NOT use M060 as the data does not update in your drawing files if you make changes to the restricted parameter file. We had to go in and manually add new people to our drawing files when we added a few new checkers to the list.

@BenLoosli, has this been fixed in M070 or M080?

I do not think so. I have done some testing in m080 and it still does it wrong.

My testing is with my parts and drawings. Others say they have not seen this issue.

Since there is a work around, use local restricted parameters, I have not pushed the issue with PTC.

Maybe if I get some time I will do some more testing with non-Template parts and see what happens.

I have M080 (and M060) on one network and M070 on another. The M070 network would be updating files from Creo2, but it is connected to Windchill and Windchill has been down for a week doing a rehost.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

This really weird. I have tried both m060 and m080 and if I use my existing template for a new drawing, I cannot update the restricted parameter list by using the menu. If I create a new drawing with no format and no template, I can then add a restricted parameter, save the file, modify the restricted param file and then reopen the file and it will update the list.

So I guess my warning is null and void, except if you use my template drawing (which won't happen). Now to investigate why my template and the drawings created from it do not update.

selango
6-Contributor
(To:DomenicLaritz)

I am trying out with M80. Trying for a silent installation. Update once its done

Top Tags