cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Why won't Distributed Batch run?

jenrico
1-Newbie

Why won't Distributed Batch run?

I'm working with Creo 3.0 M120 and attempting to use the Distributed Batch application to save a large directory of files as PDFs. However, when I try to run the dbatchs.exe, nothing happens, not even an error message. What could be wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Josh,

Where is this dbatchs.exe file located?  I just checked the properties of my Creo Distributed Batch install and I see the link pointing to the following batch file, via the following path:

"D:\ptc\Creo 3.0\M120\Parametric\bin\ptcdbatch.bat"

Where D:\ptc is the install folder on my machine.

Thanks,

Amit

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Hi Josh,

Where is this dbatchs.exe file located?  I just checked the properties of my Creo Distributed Batch install and I see the link pointing to the following batch file, via the following path:

"D:\ptc\Creo 3.0\M120\Parametric\bin\ptcdbatch.bat"

Where D:\ptc is the install folder on my machine.

Thanks,

Amit

Amit,

Thanks for the reply. Previously I didn't even have the ptcdbatch.bat file, but after reinstalling Creo and adding more features, I found it where you said.

Thank you,

Josh

ptc-5472289
6-Contributor
(To:jenrico)

Hello.

We are currently running Creo 3.0 M130 and I am having problems with "Creo Distibuted batch" SW. I am trying to convert multiple drw files to pdf. I added all of the object and I can start the task, however status always stays on "running" and percentage indicator at 0%.

Is there anything else i need to do?!

Hi,

in Czech environment I had to add following line at the beginning of ptcdbatch.bat file.

set PRO_LANG=english

edit.png

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin. Thanks for your response. I tried addind this line, even though I am running Creo in English.

I discovered, that after 10 min or so, process actually fails.

Error log attached.

Basically:

-running in standalone mode

-task = PDF DRW Single page Export (default)

-configuration files: empty

-output (tried same directory and desktop)

Is Creo supposed to be running in the backgroud?

Regards,

Mitja

Hi,

my suggestion:

1. create new empty drawing
  2. sketch several drawing lines (2D drawing entities) , do not assign model and do not place model views
  3. save drawing
  4. test Distributed Batch to produce PDF for the above drawing, only

If the above test finishes with success then you will know that Distributed Batch works well.

Failure of ks0800320.drw can be caused by fact that Creo is not able to successfully open drawing model.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

YES, if you start Distributed Batch execution, Creo is running in background. Creo window is not displayed during execution. You can see xtop.exe process in Task Manager.

Martin Hanák

Created new drawing with no assemblies or models connected to it. Same situation...

Domen
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-5472289)

It is not working in all the latest versions of Creo:

Creo 2.0 M240, Creo 3.0 M140 and Creo 4.0 M030.

And probabbly some other.

SPR is opened:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/spr.jsp?n=6700781

image.png

ptc-5472289
6-Contributor
(To:Domen)

Thanks for info! Do we know which is the last version that worked? I would install that version just for batch convert..
Domen
14-Alexandrite

I haven`t tested that. I will ask PTC support.

Hi,

I am sending you my testing data (see attachment). On my PC everything works fine.

Martin Hanák

Thanks for your files. 

Tried with Creo 3.0 M110 and Creo 4.0 M030 without success...

Hi,

maybe the problem is hidden inside your ptcdbatch.bat file. This file contains path to parametric.psf file. Do you use parametric.psf file to launch Creo ?

Martin Hanák

What is parametric.psf?

Hi,

By default shortcut used to start Creo contains path to parametric.exe file located in CREO_LOADPOINT\Parametric\bin directory. Also by default Creo installation procedure creates parametric.psf file located in the same directory. This file contains information like ... where to get Creo license and what us the name of Creo license.

Martin Hanák
Domen
14-Alexandrite
(To:MartinHanak)

It does not work with your test data.

The process has status: Working for about 20 minutes. And then it failes.

ptc-5472289
6-Contributor
(To:Domen)

I can confirm this. I also tried with "fresh" installation of Creo 3.0 M110 and still not working.

Same goes for Creo 3.0 M140 and Creo 4.0 M030. I do not have other licences available to do further testing.

Domen
14-Alexandrite

My colleague figured it out why Distributed Batch was not working.

Distributed Batch reads 2 configs, when it is stared:

1. Installation folder. Example: C:\PTC\Creo 4.0\M***\Common Files\text

2. %homedrive%%homepath% folder. Example: C:\Users\<username>

If in any of these configs has a parameter for Auxiliary Application:

protkdat <path>

Then Distributed Batch will not work.

Solution:

Create a separate config file for Distributed batch, that dose not have config parameters protkdat.

You can load manually this config in Distributed Batch or you can load it automatically by adding few extra lines in ptcdbatch.bat (Example: copy "C:\PTC\config_distributed_batch.pro" "%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\config.pro" /Y)

Regards,

Domen

Top Tags