cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Workspace Best Practices?

andrew1
1-Newbie

Workspace Best Practices?

Guys, I am wondering if you all can weigh in onsome real world best practices for keeping our workspaces from getting corrupted, becoming slow, etc.? I am finding some workspaceshave been used for6 months or longer, whichin my opinioncan cause workspace issues down the road. Here are some thoughts if you have a moment to reply: - How often do you check in or upload your changed models and drawings?- How often do you delete your workspace?- How often (if at all) do youdelete thelocal cacheand let PDMLink rebuild it?- What is your frame stack size set to?- Are you limiting the size of the cache with the config.pro option "dm_cache_limit"? If so, what is your limit?- Any best practices around managing large data sets (5000+ components)?- Any best practices around data sharing (Copy Geom, Merge, Cutout, etc.)? With the July 4 holiday here in the US, there may begood input coming in next week too. I will compile the input and sendit out in a few weeks. Thanks in advance for your contributions. Andy Burkewww.creo-view.com
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi Andy,

- How often do you check in or upload your changed models and drawings?
>> upload on every save, checkin when it’s needed for the release or collaboration processes
- How often do you delete your workspace?
>> only when the workspace isn’t relevant anymore
- How often (if at all) do you delete the local cache and let PDMLink rebuild it?
>> only when we experience strang behavior for a particular user
- What is your frame stack size set to?
>> not activated yet
- Are you limiting the size of the cache with the config.pro<">http://config.pro> option "dm_cache_limit"? If so, what is your limit?
>> not yet
- Any best practices around managing large data sets (5000+ components)?
>> the regular PTC best practices (Simpl. Reps etc.)
- Any best practices around data sharing (Copy Geom, Merge, Cutout, etc.)?
>> for workspace mgmt.?

We are on Windchill 9.1 M060.

Met vriendelijke groeten, Best Regards,

Hugo.
Top Tags