cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

activate a part in an assembly, dont see features

SILKYSLIM
1-Newbie

activate a part in an assembly, dont see features

When you activate a part in an assembly, can you see the features of that part in the model tree?

Right now when I activate, everything else transparents out, and the activated part gets a little green star in the symbol, but I can't select any individual features and the part doesn't expand in the model tree.

Is there a config setting?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello David

Model Tree is controlled by configuration opt: mdl_tree_cfg_file path to cfg file

Tested tree.cfg file you can find in the attachment.

Transparent models in asembly mode (in active state of part) is controlled by configuration opt: dim_inactive_components shaded_only (default opt) - set it on never (does not gray out inactive components).

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

David,

you have to change model tree settings (turn on feature visibility) to be able to see features in model tree in Assembly mode.

Also, you can save model tree settings into the file and set config.pro option MDL_TREE_CFG_FILE.
Martin

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin - as I finished writing the ... you have overtaken me

We share the same ideas (experience). Good job.

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Hello David

Model Tree is controlled by configuration opt: mdl_tree_cfg_file path to cfg file

Tested tree.cfg file you can find in the attachment.

Transparent models in asembly mode (in active state of part) is controlled by configuration opt: dim_inactive_components shaded_only (default opt) - set it on never (does not gray out inactive components).

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
Top Tags