cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

changing the default version of Creo when using a network license flex server

JM_182523
1-Newbie

changing the default version of Creo when using a network license flex server

I am using Creo Parametric Release 8.0 and Datecode8.0.6.0

We are trying to get the license file/server to load the Design Premium Professional first, then load the design essentials licenses
Currently we have 2 floating for Design essentials and 1 for Design Premium Pro the license file is installed on the server and when people run the parametric link on the desktop it loads desin Ess. not Premium. and when you got to use functions under the premium license it fails saying there are no options loaded. even when there is no one having the design premium license checked out. The only way we can get it to run right is to have someone log into two workstations using up the design ess licenses and then running Creo it will check out the premium license and allow us to use the advanced features. Is there a way to add something to the options file that tells it to either choose or pick the Premium by default?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:JM_182523)

The order Creo pulls licenses is entirely dependent on the order they are listed in the parametric.psf file (located in the Creo 'bin' directory).  It will pull the first license listed until no more are available, and then it will pull the next one.

TomU_0-1666200717962.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV

The order Creo pulls licenses is entirely dependent on the order they are listed in the parametric.psf file (located in the Creo 'bin' directory).  It will pull the first license listed until no more are available, and then it will pull the next one.

TomU_0-1666200717962.png

KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:TomU)

If you want to get fancier you can make multiple .psf files, each pulling a specific flavor of license, then the user will be presented with a menu of choices when they start Creo. I do this so I'm not inadvertantly grabbing a manufacturing or whatever limited license. We also do this to segregate global licenses from the ones restricted to US-only use.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:KenFarley)

I do this with one of my systems. I had some users running Creo 4 and some on Creo 7, each with a different Windchill system. They would launch the menu program and then select Creo 4 or Creo 7 and have the option to use Windchill or not. I have since modified the program to include 2 versions of Creo 7 (7.0.7.0 or 7.0.9.0). Very simple windows batch program.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

If you put the Design Premium license first, then it will always go to the first person to log in each day.

You can also get creative with the license file options so if you want one person to always get the Premium license, you can restrict it to him. There are many options that can be played with depending on your needs.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BenLoosli)

Yep.  CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME is nothing more than an environment variable.  It can be set in the .psf file, but it can also be set in a startup script (batch file), or even set directly on the end user's computer as either a user-level environment variable or a system-level environment variable.  There are lots of options here...

Top Tags