cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

creo 3.0 not opening after install

ptc-5522970
1-Newbie

creo 3.0 not opening after install

I have just installed Creo 3 student version and I cannot get it running at all. Specifically, clicking shortcut icons or windows start menu icons does nothing, the only confirmation that I get from my computer that i clicked those icons is that I get a little loading circle by my pointer for about a second and thats it. Nothing opens, no apps launch, no processes or services lunch, nothing. I have triend reinstalling and I have tried updating my graphics driver and neither has helped.

15 REPLIES 15

Maulik,

do you have desktop or notebook ?

what graphic card is installed in your computer ?

what OS is installed on your computer ?

di you use Creo 2.0 ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I have sony vaio notebook with windows 8 64 bit and AMD RADEON HD 7650 graphics card 1 GB and i have installed creo 3.0 student edition

Maulik,

your notebook could be able to run Creo 3.0.

Notes:

1.) Create config.pro file in your startup directory using Notepad. Add the following line into it and launch Creo.

graphics win32_gdi

2.) On of my colleagues is not able to start Creo 3.0 on his notebook, too. Unfortunatelly we didn't find the source of the problem. The only solution "Install Windows from the scratch" is not acceptable for him.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

not working

Hello, Maulik,

Retry the installation by switching all antivirus and other security programs.

Best Regards.

Denis.

performed before installation

not working

Hello, Maulik,

Now that you have installed, will still see your antivirus programs that you have in Quarantine if you have a program related to Creo 3.0.

Did you find information on the subject on the PTC site.

Best Regards.

Denis

Hello, Maulik,

I do not know the student version, but I think you should have received a dactivation key or license.

You should be able to learn about PTC there information for the student release.

Best Regards.

Denis

http://fr.ptc.com/video?id=3886323703001&account=PTC

But the progran is not opening

Maulik,

1. Check the availability of xtop.exe in <Install location>\Common Files\x86e_win64\obj. If it is not available, you need to reinstall.

2. After double clicking the Creo 3.0, check xtop.exe in process under Task Manager.

Creo 4 has been running and starting fine until this afternoon and now all of a sudden It will not start up.

On 4/30/2019 Windows 10 auto upgraded to Windows 10 pro for workstations version 1803 os build 17134.753. Creo 4 will not start after this upgrade. the video card in this machine is a Quadro pro p1000. 

Thanks for any help and advise that you can offer.

**bleep** Seager

Same for me

I was also struggling with the same issue. Tried everything, reinstalled thrice and cleared all registry entries related to PTC. No luck.

But, at last I found a work around. I got so frustrated and kept on double clicking on the program shortcut on the desktop. To my surprise, Creo started up and everything was running fine. But, now everytime I want to startup the software, I keep on double clicking until I see the application opening up.

Hope that helps someone struggling with the issue.

Based on Ajith's solution I wrote a little batch script which will open Creo after a while:

@echo off

Set "MyProcess=xtop.exe"

echo "%MyProcess%"

:loop

tasklist /NH /FI "imagename eq %MyProcess%" 2>nul |find /i "%MyProcess%" >nul

If not errorlevel 1 (Echo "%MyProcess%" is running) else (

start "" "C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 3.0\M070\Parametric\bin\Parametric.exe"

goto loop

)

Paste this in notepad and replace C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 3.0\M070\Parametric\bin\Parametric.exe with the path to your Parametric executable. Then save it as e.g. ParametricFixed.bat. You now can start Creo Parametric by double clicking on the bat-file

You also can create an exe out of this bat file (just google "bat to exe" or something) to add an icon and have and exe file.

Its not the solution of the problem but it treats its symptoms. Hope it helps some of you

Cheers

Sebastian

Top Tags