cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

creo2 setup

EricHuffman
2-Guest

creo2 setup

Gurus,

I am starting the test phase for implementing CREO2 m030. We are moving from Wildfire4 m220. I want to avoid major pitfalls so I was hoping you could share some tips and tricks as a guide. Training might not be an option so I'm hacking my way through this. Some of my concerns are:

1. Do mapkeys carry over?

2. How about the config options?

3. I'm guessing you just throw away the config.win, right?

4. Is it easier to start from scratch or copy the old configs over and delete things that don't work?

5. Any performance issues? I noticed it started super slow.

6. Etc, etc, etc.

My initial thought was start with an out of the box config and copy config options as I need them but I noticed even the simple "open part" mapkey did not work so this might be more trouble than it is worth. Did you find similar problems?

Of course I will be reading Olaf's site
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
bfrandsen
6-Contributor
(To:EricHuffman)

1. The majority of mapkeys will not carry over.
2. The majority of config options will be OK. Be aware that the a more than 200 new config options available between WF4 and Creo 2. In the Creo Help center and Books you can see a Configuration Options PDF.
3. config.win is gone.
4. I generate my config from a database and make all the changes there, only exporting non-default options. Keeping the current and deleting not working seems to be the fastest way to go.
5. Be aware of that your clients graphics cards must support OpenGl 3.1 in Creo 2.0. No problem for newer hardware. If not supported a driver update can be the solution. Use GLview from to realtech-VR to test for compliance.
6. Remember config.dtl options as well. There is also a config.dtl for 3D annotations in Creo 2.0.

/Bjarne

We just did this upgrade.

1. Very few carry over.
2. Most of the config options carry over. Just like any other upgrade,
some of them become obsolete.
3. Correct
4. Much easier to copy the old configs over and delete anything that
doesn't work. It will still load into Creo 2.0. After that, just look
through the config list and you'll see which options it didn't
recognize.
5. I can't confirm or deny this one. Newer software typically is more
resource intensive. Not just for WF 4-> Creo 2, but in general.

I am doing the same thing with the same build and also noticed the very slow start up of Creo 2

I don't have any performance issues with Creo 2.0 start up and I run it from a Network install to all our Workstations.

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

Top Tags