cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

i have a trouble with a drawing file

DaniloAraneda1
1-Newbie

i have a trouble with a drawing file

hi guys.

I have a serious trouble with a drawing file (i use creo 2.0), because when i work with them, it crash after 2 or 3 minutes. i check the 3d models and this don't corrupt. Only is this drawing file, but i don't know if this is corrupt, because i can save the file and i can open after the crash.

I hope you can help me.....

PS: i don't attach the files, because are very heavy, and i work with paths in creo.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Once a file behaves as if corrupt, it is often better to start over. Sad but true.

But, also create a backup from the corrupt drawing and send it to customer service (they have a FTP site for large .zip files). If you have a routine way that the file crashes, provide this information. PTC can dig into the file and determine the corrupt element. This is why we pay maintenance and this is what makes software more reliable.

If you don't want to re-create the drawing, you can see if PTC can correct the issue.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Once a file behaves as if corrupt, it is often better to start over. Sad but true.

But, also create a backup from the corrupt drawing and send it to customer service (they have a FTP site for large .zip files). If you have a routine way that the file crashes, provide this information. PTC can dig into the file and determine the corrupt element. This is why we pay maintenance and this is what makes software more reliable.

If you don't want to re-create the drawing, you can see if PTC can correct the issue.

Top Tags