cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

installing a simple client of a floating license

Dom_CHENTRE
12-Amethyst

installing a simple client of a floating license

Hi,

I've never used floating license since Wildfire.

My main computer (T012) have a floating license server that is UP (Creo2).

I'm trying to install Creo parametric 2 on my laptop, using this license.

At the beginning of install, I've filled in licence identification (summary) : 7788@T012.

Then, setup application is searching and tell me "inaccessible" .

Computer t012 is accessible from notebook explorer.

Wired network simply pass thru an internet box but just used as a simple switch.

Don't know what to do.

What can I try, test, verify...

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

I guess that Firewall is up and running on T012 machine. Turn it of temporarily and test installing CR2 on laptop.

MH

Martin Hanák

Thank you Martin, that's right.

However 2 more questions...

Is there any document, somewhere, that explain how to setup Firewall for PTC 7788 port ?

Does someone knows why I don't see my posts in community mailings ?

I'm waiting a little bit to note Martin's answer as resolved, but it is, as this new message may not be reed.

Thanks again

Hi,

you have to define firewall rule, which allows incoming communication.

1.] lmadmin.exe and ptc_d.exe processes are running (use Task manager to see running processes for all users on T012)
1a.]
You can define firewall rule to allow incoming communication for lmadmin.exe and ptc_d.exe
1b.]
You can modify server.xml file (change port="0" to port="7789") and define firewall rule to allow incoming communication for 7788, 7789 TCP ports.

2.] lmgrd.exe and ptc_d.exe processes are running
2a.]
You can define firewall rule to allow incoming communication for lmgrd.exe and ptc_d.exe
2b.]
You can modify license.dat file (add port=7789 at the end of DAEMON line) and define firewall rule to allow incoming communication for 7788, 7789 TCP ports.

Note: I do not any idea, why you can't see your posts.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags