cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

mapkey to delete other mapkeys

DimitrisFotopou
1-Newbie

mapkey to delete other mapkeys

Hi everybody,

I am trying to find a way (maybe a mapkey) to clear mapkeys loaded in my session from the general config.pro file of my company (shouldnt contain any mapkeys but that is another discussion...).

recording a mapkey while deleting the mapkeys from the mapkey definintion window just doesnt work. ProE does not record the mouse clicks in that window.

any ideas/suggestions???

thanks in advance

btw, we currently use WF4

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

While you can't record a mapkey to delete mapkeys, you can get the

information needed from the trail file.

Mapkey "abc" to delete mapkey assigned to F2:

mapkey abc \
~ Command `ProCmdUtilMacros`;\
~ Select `mapkey_main` `list_mapkeys` 1 `$F2`;\
~ Activate `mapkey_main` `DeleteButton`;\
~ Activate `mapkey_main` `CloseButton`

Just change "abc" above to whatever key sequence you want to use.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Dimitris,

I'm assuming you want to do this so that you can replace the company mapkeys with your own. In other words, you want F1 to do something other than what your system administrator has in mind. (Otherwise, you could just ignore them.)

Anyway, the easiest way to override the company settings is to put your own settings in a config.pro file that is read after the company standard config.pro.

The software will read up to 4 config files automatically when you start ProE in the following order:

1. [loadpoint]\config.sup

2. [loadpoint]\config.pro

3. [home directory]\config.pro

4. [start-in directory]\config.pro

The loadpoint is the basic ProE software path, e.g. Wildfire 3.0\text\ (This is where company standards are usually located. There can be a config.sup whose settings cannot be overridden, and a config.pro as well.)

The home directory is your personal Windows default home directory, e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\Fotopoulos\

The start-in directory is the directory you set up for your default location when you start Pro/E, e.g. C:\ProE Projects\

Except for settings in the config.sup file, settings are overridden if duplicated in the other 3 config files. Thus, if there is a mapkey setting for F1 in the loadpoint config.pro, and another in the start-in config.pro, the latter setting will rule, so create your own versions of the mapkeys and save them in one of the config files which are read later than the company standards.

David

P.S. I should have mentioned that you can also load other config files after the up-to-four that are read automatically. You can have specialty config.pro files in various directories. If you want to use that approach, you can use a mapkey to load another config file after the software has loaded.

David thank you for the contribution,

I 've been following your approach to overwrite mapkeys using function keys. so i have a mapkey in the company config that loads an empty config.pro (clearing all previous entries) and then loading my own.

by the way even this is not the proper approach cause if you load the empty config you still have proe working with the options of the original config. what you neet to do is load a config file containing all these options with your own values.

where I got stuck is when I needed to delete mapkeys. For example there is a mapkey using $F2 to do a silly thing when i need F2 to function as by default so I can use it to rename features in my modeltree.

thank you all

Dimitris

I guess I wasn't clear. Yes, that's what I meant; load a config file with your own settings in it. If you make it one of the secondary, automatically loaded config files, you won't have to do anything at start up.

While you can't record a mapkey to delete mapkeys, you can get the

information needed from the trail file.

Mapkey "abc" to delete mapkey assigned to F2:

mapkey abc \
~ Command `ProCmdUtilMacros`;\
~ Select `mapkey_main` `list_mapkeys` 1 `$F2`;\
~ Activate `mapkey_main` `DeleteButton`;\
~ Activate `mapkey_main` `CloseButton`

Just change "abc" above to whatever key sequence you want to use.

Hi Mark,

this is what I was looking for. Many thanks. getting all the necessary steps from the trail file is briliant!

respect!

Dimitris

Top Tags