cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

modelcheck through batch mode

ng-2
5-Regular Member

modelcheck through batch mode

hi

can any one tell me to run model check through batch mode. I am giving name of parts , asm, drw in a text file, but i cant understand from where the library to check model is picked by modelcheck. or may be this text file is to be placed inside the library folder. I am trying this but its not working..

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

I put everything in the same folder, modelcheck.bat, parametric.bat, part.lst and config.pro. Create a shortcut to modecheck.bat, change start in to your folder with all files. Copy parametric.bat to working folder. Add your config.pro if you wish, I do this so I can run a standalone modchk folder with my batch settings. Then you will need a list of files to run. number.prt.01 etc..

ng-2
5-Regular Member
(To:smilliman-2)

hello scottb

Can you give me an example of that list file in which part names are written , is it required to write down the part name in any specific format. I have converted a text file to .lst file and the names of the parts are mentioned in that file. And also i placed my .lst file , parametric.bat and modelcheck.bat in the working directory folder but it is not working.Not even creo is opening.

So my list files look like this

1234567.prt.51

7654321.prt.15

etc etc, I have a batch file that will create a list of all files in a folder.

So two things to check, does your Creo start without asking any questions?

Our modelcheck.bat lives in a read only folder. So we must change the start in location to make it work.

Other things to look at, where are your modelcheck files getting wrote?

We change this file when we wish to put the reports in a different directory. config_init.mc

# Directory ModelCHECK will write reports on NT

DIR_REPORT_NT $TEMP/mc_reports

We use parametric.bat to run other tools, not sure how you start your Creo session typically, but I would use the same one you run to create your models.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags