cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

new quick access function in file open dialogue box pins selection by type

CA_10146793
8-Gravel

new quick access function in file open dialogue box pins selection by type

I am using Creo Parametric Release 10.0 and Datecode10.0.0.0

After opening an item using "file open" dialogue box and "type" pulldown to filter by type (e.g. drw, prt, asm), the new Creo 10 "quick access" bar within the "file open" dialogue box automatically "pins" the type selection so that the same file type filter is still active the next time the user uses "file open". This presents a problem when a drawing is being worked on. Previously, Ctrl-O ("file open" shortcut)/Enter keystroke sequence was a very rapid way to open the active model in the drawing, since the active model is the default value inserted by Creo in the "File Name" field. However since file type is now pinned to previous selection (e.g. drawing), "Invalid Extension" error occurs upon Ctrl-O/Enter keystroke sequence and the user must now use an additional mouse click to "deselect" the pinned selection before pressing enter. The user should have the option to pin or not to pin the "type" selection in order to reduce mouse clicks in the workflow.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @CA_10146793 ,

Reported issue has been corrected by development in Creo 10.0.2.0.  

Creo 10.0.2.0 is available to download and install. 

You may accept the appropriate reply as solution for the conversation. 

Thanks. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

you can discuss the problem with PTC Support.

My workaround ... use following mapkey aa

!*** turn off quick access buttons
mapkey aa ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `appl_casc`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `appl_casc`;~ Command `ProCmdModelOpen` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Trail `` `` `DLG_PREVIEW_POST` `file_open`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `file_open` `Ph_quick_access.Prt_Chk_Btn` 0;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `file_open` `Ph_quick_access.Asmb_Chk_Btn` 0;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `file_open` `Ph_quick_access.Drwn_Chk_Btn` 0;

Martin Hanák

Hi @CA_10146793 

As documented in article https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS395390

This is known issue to PTC development. 

Thanks. 

Thank you!  I also noticed the same behavior in the "assemble component" tool (i.e. previous choice is automatically pinned).

Hi @CA_10146793 ,

Reported issue has been corrected by development in Creo 10.0.2.0.  

Creo 10.0.2.0 is available to download and install. 

You may accept the appropriate reply as solution for the conversation. 

Thanks. 

Hi Manesh, thank you for the update.  I did see where the behavior was corrected in both scenarios I noted above. 

However I did find that the behavior of pinning a previously opened file type is still present in the "Copy Geometry" function.  Upon clicking "Copy Geometry", when using the "file open" dialogue box the file type previously opened will still be pinned. 

For example, if the last file retrieved by Creo was an assembly, in "Copy Geometry" the user must unpin the assembly file type in "quick access" to browse or use the search box in the "file open" dialogue to view .prt files.  

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags