cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

parameter table

SkyKing
7-Bedrock

parameter table

I updated a parameter table to what I want to see for a model and saved it to use for future models  (rp_config.xml). I also put “parameter_dialog_setup_file” to “config.pro”. When I go to create a new model, the new parameter table is not there automatically. I also did load config. to the rp_config.xml, and that did nothing.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:SkyKing)

Ok, now it is clear.

rp_config.xml with config  parameter_dialog_setup_file is to setup customize parameter table change in columns and width will record in file.

To have defined parameters when creating new parts you can update the template part.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Can you upload rp_config.xml in post?

Should show below.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

I think you would like to control the width of column in parameters. If this is correct, I checked your file however that contains less width.

You can open the file in text pad and define the column and that should work.

Param.jpg

Are you saying for me to increase those numbers in "rp_config.xml" and it should work?

dschenken
21-Topaz I

Do you want to create the parameters and set the values using the .xml file?

Yes, I want to create the parameters and set the values to be use in new models. I want to see like below when I create a new model. Is that possible?

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Ok, now it is clear.

rp_config.xml with config  parameter_dialog_setup_file is to setup customize parameter table change in columns and width will record in file.

To have defined parameters when creating new parts you can update the template part.

If I could I would mark Mahesh's answer Correct.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:dschenken)

Only the OP can mark an answer as correct

It would be nice if the product champions can have this ability, too.

Also you might want to create a separate folder for those template files and apply them to “config.pro”, so you do not lose your template when you go to upgrade.

Top Tags