cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

proprietary statement

jim1
9-Granite

proprietary statement

Anyone know of a good way to add a company proprietary statement to a start part? I suppose an annotation note would work but wondering about other ways.

9 REPLIES 9
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:jim1)

What is the intended end use?

Are you creating drawings and want the note on them?

Are you doing MBD and need the note in the file?

Are the files being exported from CREO by STEP or IGES? These can have a proprietary note placed in the export file, I believe.

jim1
9-Granite
(To:BenLoosli)

Not trying to conform to anything legal but just want something in models (not drawings) that is fairly obvious. Realize it could be deleted. 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Annotation note is probably the easiest.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Yes security marking looks like the ticket. The Security Marking button is greyed out though. The note is unattached and flat to screen as the instruction notes. Not sure how to light it up.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

@jim1 

Is it specific to a part or common to all of the files?

All files. It will be added to our start part template. I opened a case with PTC and they said they couldn't get the Security Marking button to light up either and passed it on to development for investigation.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

@jim1 

Check attached video for the steps. 

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Similar to Ben's questions, is this something you want hidden to prove someone took your file in the future, or do you want it plainly obvious to everyone who uses it, but potentially easy to delete?

Top Tags