cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

run batch files minimised

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

run batch files minimised

In creo when I create a mapkey which starts a batchfile (eg. to copy a filename), the batch file always flashes on screen. Kind of irritating. Is there a way to get rid of this?

I tried manually modifying the mapkeys  in config.pro to go like this: "start /m c:\\.."

In DOS command this works perfect but not in Creo.

Also referring to a minimised .lnk linked to the batch file does not work in Creo (although it works fine in windows explorer).

1 REPLY 1
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:bp)

BP,

I assume Creo Parametric's "open system window" functionality is running the command defined by the environment variable "ComSpec" which is typically C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe.  I haven't tested this.  It's simply my assumption.

If my assumption is true, try changing the ComSpec variable in the .psf file [or at the System/User environment level].

There are alternatives to the cmd.exe file.  A simple search should give multiple results.

Perhaps you can try something along the lines of:

ComSpec=C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /C start "MinWindow" /WAIT /B /MIN

Keep in mind that many of PTC's programs are started with .bat files.  Switching the ComSpec variable may have adverse effects on other functionality in Creo Parametric.

Regards,

Dan N.

Top Tags