cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

the system is running short of memory

ptc-3171293
1-Newbie

the system is running short of memory

Hello, I am getting a error while opening a file in PRO E wildfire 3.0. I have Windows XP professional installed in my pC with 6GB od RAM. But still the PRO E is getting crash. Please help.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Are you running a 32 bit Windows OS? If you are, there's a limitation to how much memory a single process can use regardless of how much RAM is in the machine. I'm guessing you are running up against that limit. That's why some people switch to 64 bit machines. I'd recommend utilizing simplified reps in Pro/E to limit the amount of RAM. Try opening the Geometry Rep of the model rather than the Mater Rep. You could then create new reps which have the parts you need to work on in master rep. Another option would be to setup an on-demand simp rep that the geom rep is the default. Then if you need to work on a part, simply activate it and Pro/E will retrieve the master rep of the part. On demand is default behavior in WF 5 but not in earlier releases.

/3GB switch might help a bit (if you are using 32bit OS) http://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=111330
Top Tags