cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

unable to view network drives when trying to open or set working directory in creo3 using windows 10

bradlawrence
9-Granite

unable to view network drives when trying to open or set working directory in creo3 using windows 10

This works fine in windows 7, but within windows 10, I am trying to open a creo3 file on a network drive or trying to set working directory to a network drive, it does not see those drives.  Yes, already have mapped those drives.

Any idea why this is not working on the windows 10 seats?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I asked Google ... Windows 10 We can't verify who created this file. Are you sure you want to run this file? and receive list of links. One of them is:

https://www.technipages.com/fix-we-cant-verify-who-created-this-file-error

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi,

Q: Can you see network drives from Paint, Word or another application ?

Q: If you open command prompt and enter cd /D X: command, what happens ? (X: is your mapped drive)

Q: What operation system is running on server ? Windows ? Linux ?

Please attach some pictures of your environment.

Martin Hanák

Martin,

Q: Can you see network drives from Paint, Word or another application ?  YES

Q: If you open command prompt and enter cd /D X: command, what happens ? (X: is your mapped drive)  WORKS CORRECTLY, CHANGES DIR TO DESIRED DRIVE.

Q: What operation system is running on server ? Windows ? Linux ?  WINDOWS 10

Explain in detail what pictures you want to see.

Hi,

Q: How do you launch Creo ? Try also double-clicking parametric.exe from Parametric\bin sub-directory.

Pic1: File > Open dialog box

Pic2: Set Working directory dialog box

Pic3: Open system window from Creo (i.e. Dos prompt) and enter cd /D X: command, also enter set USERNAME command

Martin Hanák

Martin,

Your on to something here, if I double-click parametric.exe from Parametric\bin sub-directory.   It works, I can see all the drives when trying to set working dir and also trying to open a file from one of the shared drives.

We launch creo3 by a .bat file which is a shortcut from the desktop.   This .bat file is very important because it does many things such as checks for latest version of creo, copies over latest config files, etc, etc.

Below is the screenshot of the .lnk shortcut to launch the .bat file which at the end of .bat file it executes parametric.exe from Parametric\bin sub-directory

shortcut to launchcreo3.PNG

Hi,

Option no.1:

Problem is in Shortcut properties. Maybe Run this program as an administrator option is checked on Compatibility tab. To see current username in Creo session, launch Open System Window command from Creo (i.e. Dos prompt) and enter set USERNAME command.

Option no.2:

Problem is caused by bat file. For example some command can disconnect all network drives. I do not believe that you can publish the contents of the file. Therefore you have to ask person who created this file.

Martin Hanák

Martin,

By launching the .bat file as administrator does not help.  The advanced properties setting on the shortcut has Run as admistrator clicked as well.  If I set USERNAME in command prompt, it shows me as username.

I am the person that modifies the .bat file and distributes to all our users , I cannot figure which command that would disconnect the network drives.  Again, all is fine in windows 7.  Just does not work in windows 10.

Hi,

I did not ask you to launch bat file as administrator. I wanted to tell you that Run this program as an administrator option on Compatibility tab should be "not checked" (cleared). So uncheck the option and test Creo.

I can see this username on my PC.

username.png

Martin Hanák

whoops, I thought you wanted me to make sure to run as administrator.  Ok, so I unclicked run as administrator, it comes up with below security warning.

security warning.PNG

Good news, that way of launching the .bat works, I now can see the shared drives.  

Is there anyway to prevent the Security Warning appearing when launching our .bat file on windows 10 ?

Hi,

I asked Google ... Windows 10 We can't verify who created this file. Are you sure you want to run this file? and receive list of links. One of them is:

https://www.technipages.com/fix-we-cant-verify-who-created-this-file-error

Martin Hanák
Top Tags