cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

using same license server for different company's gorup

RO_8606991
3-Visitor

using same license server for different company's gorup

Hi was thinking about the possibility to merge multiple licenses of different companies in only one license server, my concern is, in that case, a company could use a license from another company (since they are floating) and make a bit of confusion, is there any possibility to keep licenses separate in somehow for each company, but still in the same license server or do you suggest to keep different license server for each company?

Thanks in advance

Riccardo

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:RO_8606991)

Flexnet has an option file where you can designate certain users to certain licenses.

Create groups of each company's users and then assign them against your combined license pool.  When 1 company's licenses are all used, they will not be able to use any more.

I manage 2 sets of licenses, but since each set has their own Windchill servers, the licenses are kept separate. However, they do share the same single install of Creo. I wrote a shell script that when they execute it, it asks which company license they want and then copies a config.pro to their home directory with company specific commands, like restricted parameter file, default format and drawing template, etc.

Thanks for your reply. Actually I'm having some issue to merge the two licenses, I mean I have two different files license but flexnet accept only one to be loaded, any idea on how to merge them?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:RO_8606991)

From what I understand about merging licenses, you need to copy almost the entire second file into the first file. There are a few lines at the top, license server name, etc. that do not get copied over.

If these files are originally for separate servers, you may need to have PTC move the licenses to the single server for internal checksum coding, then do your merge.

Top Tags