cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

warning messages when saving

gbon
1-Newbie

warning messages when saving

Hi alls,

I can't avoid warning messages when I save models.

'' model xxxx is not regenerated''

'' mass properties are not calculated''

Config option mass_properties_calculate is set to ''automatic''.

But, I get those messages at each saving and:

- I have to click on ok

- It seems to mean that something is not correctly calculated and
may be wrong on drawings.

So, how to avoid this?

Any advice?

Thanks,

GB

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Is this in CREO 1/2 ? Because I get the same messages, at least in CREO1, but not CEP/WF5

Christopher F. Gosnell

FPD Company
124 Hidden Valley Road
McMurray, PA 15317
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:gbon)

It's a bug, but I'm not sure PTC sees it as such. A double regen avoids the message but sort of defeats the purpose of automatic calculation of mass props.

--
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

It's a bug and I wish they would fix it, it didn't used to be this way.
Can't really call it automatic since it isn't anymore.

For simple models a second regen is quick and maybe they could look the other way.

For more interesting models, bigger nested assemblies with family tables, mechanisms, and such, running a double regen takes several minutes per instance.
I spent several hours today in mass property regen hell to get that nice green dot.

Fix it!

Regards,
Walt Weiss

scott_rockwell
5-Regular Member

I got so sick of the "not regenerated" msg that I created a mapkey that would regen and then save. I still get the message in the middle of the mk execution and have to run it a second time.

Sent from my mobile device

On Jan 15, 2014, at 2:09 PM, "Doug Schaefer" <<<a style="COLOR:" blue;=" text-decoration:=" underline&quot;=" target="_BLANK" href="mailto:">>">mailto:>> wrote:

It’s a bug, but I’m not sure PTC sees it as such.  A double regen avoids the message but sort of defeats the purpose of automatic calculation of mass props.

--
rmast
13-Aquamarine

Usethis option to avoid the pop up message.

regen_solid_before_save NO

Top Tags