cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

A potentially dangerous Request.Path

paripirala
1-Newbie

A potentially dangerous Request.Path

Hi,

I am unable to download ThingWorx 7.0 version from PTC website

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/product.jsp?prodFamily=TWX

This is an Assembler package. URL: http://www.ptc.com/http://support.ptc.com/esd/notfound.htm?dlm=no&wcn=457835&cn=457835&uname=pavan.a.venkata%40ge.com&ui…

Below is the error. Any help appreciated

Thanks

Pavan

Server Error in '/' Application.

A potentially dangerous Request.Path value was detected from the client (:).

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: A potentially dangerous Request.Path value was detected from the client (:).

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): A potentially dangerous Request.Path value was detected from the client (:).]

System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateInputIfRequiredByConfig() +9693128

System.Web.PipelineStepManager.ValidateHelper(HttpContext context) +53

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34274

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ravi, I used Chrome and Safari and it did not work. Same is the case when my colleagues tried to download it.

With firefox it worked.

What browser and version you used to download it?

Thanks

Pavan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Pavan, is it 7-0-1 Postgres version? Does other datecodes work?

Thanks Ravi for the response.

Yes it is for 7.0.1 version and that too when downloading GE Application Assembler. The same 7.0.1 version without the GE application assembler downloads fine.

I am not sure what is there in GE Application Assembler. Do you think I can just use the regular verison of 7.0.1?

Thanks

Pavan

Pavan, I'm not sure where you see the link to GE Application Assembler. Can you attach a screenshot on where the link is?

Please see the attached screenshot.

ThanksScreen Shot 2016-03-31 at 7.25.37 PM.png

Pavan, I was able to login via your customer number and test the download. I didn't get any error messages when downloading the one under GE Application Assembler though. Can you try with a different browser? I'm not sure what the difference is from the regular one, as this seems to be a custom package specifically made for GE. I can check internally and let you know.

Ravi, I used Chrome and Safari and it did not work. Same is the case when my colleagues tried to download it.

With firefox it worked.

What browser and version you used to download it?

Thanks

Pavan

I personally use Firefox myself, it's currently at v45.0.1. After your response, I tried Chrome as well (43.0.2357.130 m) and I didn't have any issues there either. I'm not sure if it has something to do with your network.

Top Tags