cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

APPARENT DEADLOCK Issue

CHASEONHO
18-Opal

APPARENT DEADLOCK Issue

we made chart like following picture.

image 2.png

a chart get about 5000~10000 data.

and divide 500 row using some rule

sometimes when i call this service, thingworx display error log

"com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$DeadlockDetector@7345aa02 -- APPARENT DEADLOCK!!! Creating emergency threads for unassigned pending tasks!"

why? how to fix it?

i want never see error log again

7 REPLIES 7
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:CHASEONHO)

Hi @CHASEONHO what kind of service is it? I'm not sure if this is really a deadlock issue could be just because you are doing lot of in-memory calculation which could be leading to out of memory condition.

Would it be possible to attach the tomcat & application log?

Here are today log file.

my service get infotable about 10000.

and if infotable rows are above 500 it will convert to new infotable under 500 rows

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Thank you @CHASEONHO for attaching the logs how much resource is assigned to the instance running ThingWorx? There's not much but defintely there are some tasks in ValueStream thats queued up.

Which persistence provider are you using for ThingWorx?

H2 is used.
Is this a problem?
Will it be resolved by increasing the queue to infinity?

supandey
19-Tanzanite

@CHASEONHO I'm still missing information on how much resource you have provided to the ThingWorx instance. Meaning CPU, RAM esp. the one assigned to Tomcat process. etc.

Wher can i get a information on how much resource you have provided to the ThingWorx instance?

supandey
19-Tanzanite

You can find out if you have defined the initial / max memory parameters for the Tomcat JVM e.g.

-Xms512m
-Xmx1024m

If tomcat is running on windows os you could check the Monitor Tomcat configuration e.g.

20-07-2018 09-56-51.jpg

BTW, are you using your installation for the production environment?

Top Tags