cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Analytics: Is there a way to do a simple linear regression and export the resulting model?

RS_9963079
7-Bedrock

Analytics: Is there a way to do a simple linear regression and export the resulting model?

Hi! 

I'm pretty new to using ThingWorx, especially the Analytics Builder, and was wondering if I could perform a simple linear regression on a data set I have and somehow return/export the resulting equation of best fit.

Essentially this is just proof of concept that I can input raw data into Analytics, get a model in return, and then apply that model to the external environment I have created- is this a good use case of ThingWorx?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@RS_9963079 ,

Thank you for posting your question to the PTC Community.

Regarding seeing Linear Regression, building a basic model will provide this information for you under Models > View

Model Selection.PNGModel Details.PNG

In regards to exporting, ThingWorx Analytics can only export the PMML for the model at this time.

Also, I can recommend our Knowledge Article - Getting Started With ThingWorx Analytics, which also has links to other useful articles and videos.

Please let me know if this answers your question by marking this reply as "Solution Accepted"

Regards,

Neel

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@RS_9963079 ,

Thank you for posting your question to the PTC Community.

Regarding seeing Linear Regression, building a basic model will provide this information for you under Models > View

Model Selection.PNGModel Details.PNG

In regards to exporting, ThingWorx Analytics can only export the PMML for the model at this time.

Also, I can recommend our Knowledge Article - Getting Started With ThingWorx Analytics, which also has links to other useful articles and videos.

Please let me know if this answers your question by marking this reply as "Solution Accepted"

Regards,

Neel

Top Tags