cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

AppKey error: Rejecting NonceKey

Tomellache2B
14-Alexandrite

AppKey error: Rejecting NonceKey

Hello Community,

I just finished federating data from one TWX instance to another.

On the new instance I keep getting this error in the application log:

<< Error [authenticating connection], Server websocket will be closed. cause: Missing application key!. >>

This error appears every millisecond. 

I tried to stop and start Thingworx by using a tomact start and stop, this restarted the server but did not eliminate the error. I am TWX version 9.3.8

Any ideas on how to tackle the problem.

Regards,

TB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Tomellache2B)

Hi @Tomellache2B.

From a review of the case it appears your issue was the result of a local install of Kepware trying to make a connection to your ThingWorx server.  Reconfiguring your Kepware instance should have resolved the issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Tomellache2B
14-Alexandrite
(To:Velkumar)

Hi @Velkumar

Thank you,

The second article address my issue. However, I am unsure of how to 

• Change the Tomcat port in Server.xml resolved the issue

I went to my server files and opened the server.xml. However I couldn't seem to locate the "tomact port" number inside of this file, Perhaps is it called something different inside of the file?

Regards,

@Tomellache2B 

Please refer to this post - How to change Apache Tomcat web server port number - Stack Overflow

My suggestion would be to open a support ticket with PTC for this issue. 

/VR

Tomellache2B
14-Alexandrite

Hi @Velkumar 

The tomcat port is correct. Thanks for that. However the issue persists.

I checked and it seems that there is a EP_889 Thing that is bound to the Thingworx server template.

However the EP_889 thing cannot be found. Can you if possible elaborate on the Thingworx server template. When and why it is used?

Meanwhile, I will open a support to get the issue resolved.

Regards,

TB

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Tomellache2B)

Hi @Tomellache2B.

From a review of the case it appears your issue was the result of a local install of Kepware trying to make a connection to your ThingWorx server.  Reconfiguring your Kepware instance should have resolved the issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Tomellache2B.

This is not a port issue.  It's more likely that the first article provided by Velkumar contains the most likely solution based on the information you provided.

I found that you have opened a case for this issue, so once the solution is found, I will post an update here.

Regards.

--Sharon 

Top Tags