cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Automating Data

ketanaga
13-Aquamarine

Automating Data

Hi All

I am running a Data simulator in Node red. The simulated data is in JSON format and is being generated every 10 mins. This data is being sent to ThingWorx platform via MQTT. However, the data transfer is manual at present, once the MQTT thing is refreshed only then the property(JSON basetype) is updated with the most recent payload. I would like to automate this process - as soon as data is generated in Node Red the property should also be updated with it. Request you all to help me on the probable steps to accomplish this?

Regards

Ketan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:ketanaga)

Hi @ketanaga

From reading through the case notes, it appears you were able to resolve your issue by implementing an autorefresh widget.  If that is the correct solution, please mark this post as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others in the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @ketanaga 

Can you please provide the config settings and mappings for the MQTT thing you set up?

Regards.

--Sharon

ketanaga
13-Aquamarine
(To:slangley)

Hi

The config looks something like this

clientIDFormat : /Thingworx/EnergyIO/EnergyMeter+Data

format : /Thingworx/EnergyIO/EnergyMeter_Data/Energy,Datetime,Weather

Energy, Datetime and Weather are all subscribers, subscribing to different topics test/test1,2,3

Regards

Ketan

ketanaga
13-Aquamarine

Hi @slangley 

Any update on the issue? It would be highly appreciated if you could help me with a probable approach for it

Regards

Ketan Agarwal

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @ketanaga

We're not seeing the full config in your last post.  Did you follow these instructions for configuration?

What version of ThingWorx are you running?  The link above is for 9.x.

Regards.

--Sharon

ketanaga
13-Aquamarine

@slangley 

Yes I am using the same link. I am running TWX 8.5.5-b103. I have attached the configuration for your reference.

Regards

Ketan

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @ketanaga

From reading through the case notes, it appears you were able to resolve your issue by implementing an autorefresh widget.  If that is the correct solution, please mark this post as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others in the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @ketanaga

Take a look at this Tech Tip to see if it will help.  If not, we'll need to open a case to work through the issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

ketanaga
13-Aquamarine

Hi @slangley 

Thanks for providing an alternative. However I still have to manually hit the Refresh button to get the most recent data from Node-Red.

Regards

Ketan

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @ketanaga

Please let me know if you would like me to open a case on your behalf.  If you prefer to open the case yourself, please provide the case number under private message so I can track it.

Thanks.

--Sharon

Top Tags