cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Binding Remote Thing failed

amejia1
6-Contributor

Binding Remote Thing failed

Hello,

I have the following error message on device side: "Binding failed, see server log for more information" (See screenshot attached here). This error is displayed when calling the function "twApi_BindThing(thingName)" on device. I looked at the logs server side but I didn't find anything.

The message isn't displayed the first time the device starts after creating the thing (Server side) , it's during a second startup of device.

TW version used currently:  8.2.1

The same software used on the device side works properly using the thingworx version 7.4

Thank you in advance for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:amejia1)

Hi @amejia1 is there a thing with that name existing on ThingWorx 8.2 with RemoteThing template? Could you share screenshot from the server? Are you binding the thing using ID or the name? Is there anything on the client side log?

What version of C SDK are you working with?

amejia1
6-Contributor
(To:supandey)

Hi,

The problem only happens if the isConnected property is equals to true at startup.

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:amejia1)

The isConnected property will be true if the corresponding remote edge device is actually connected.

amejia1
6-Contributor
(To:supandey)

Hi supandey,

We have a special case, our network layer (communication device-server) is a 3G modem. The Ping-Pong is done every 4 minutes, so we had to increase the websocket communication settings, consequently the isconnected property can remain true for a few seconds even if the device is shut down.

We use a version of sdk c dated of 2016, but as I already told you, the same sofware works well with a version TW 7.4.

Thank you.

Top Tags