cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

CBM Vs ThingWorx Analytics

cazares
6-Contributor

CBM Vs ThingWorx Analytics

Could anyone please explain the difference between a CBM system and ThingWorx Analytics? We´ve been hearing this concept lately, but cannot find any references on how they compare. I would really appreciate any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nsampat
17-Peridot
(To:cazares)

Hello,

I was speaking more generally, as CBMs are a concept than a specific tool.

When I mentioned a specific monitoring task, I was stating that CBMs are unitaskers, and designed for a specific function.

ThingWorx Analytics is extensible, performs both predictive maintenance tasks, real-time scoring-scoring, and a few other Analytical features that most CBM methods do not supply.

I cannot provide any really comparisons with CBMs as it pertains to specifics, unless you have a particular CBM tool in mind.

If you want, I can get you in contact with one of the Sales Executives who can provide a more itemized list of comparisons if that is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Neel

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
nsampat
17-Peridot

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the Developer Community.

In short, a Condition Based Maintenance and Monitoring System is only built for a specific monitoring task. This maintenance is performed after one or more indicators show that equipment is going to fail or that equipment performance is deteriorating.

ThingWorx Analytics can perform Predictive Maintenance and Anomaly Detection, as well as the standard Statistical Operations, including Profiling, Scoring, and Modeling of data.

We do not have any direct documentation on the differences, other than there are additional features included with ThingWorx Analytics.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Neel

cazares
6-Contributor
(To:nsampat)

Thank you very much for your quick response I really appreciate it,

It is still not clear to me. If I understand right in CBM we look for indicators and determine when equipment is going to fail and in Thingworx Analitcs we look for history data and predict when equipment will fail. What do you mean by specific monitoring task? is there some limitation with CBM that we don´t have using Analytics?

Thanks,

nsampat
17-Peridot

Hello,

I was speaking more generally, as CBMs are a concept than a specific tool.

When I mentioned a specific monitoring task, I was stating that CBMs are unitaskers, and designed for a specific function.

ThingWorx Analytics is extensible, performs both predictive maintenance tasks, real-time scoring-scoring, and a few other Analytical features that most CBM methods do not supply.

I cannot provide any really comparisons with CBMs as it pertains to specifics, unless you have a particular CBM tool in mind.

If you want, I can get you in contact with one of the Sales Executives who can provide a more itemized list of comparisons if that is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Neel

cazares
6-Contributor
(To:nsampat)

Thank you very much Neel it is much clear now, I really appreciate it  :)

Top Tags