cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Can Google Single sign-on can be implemented with ThingWorx application as SSO ?

Raja_Redeem
6-Contributor

Can Google Single sign-on can be implemented with ThingWorx application as SSO ?

If it is possible then anyone can explain the process or architecture. In this, in place of ping federate google single sign-on  as to be used. PTC gave full documentation of ping federate as SSO. But can google single sign-on can also be used for PTC products.

7 REPLIES 7
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Raja_Redeem)

You probably would use Ping Federate as the broker while you use Google as your IDM

https://support.pingidentity.com/s/marketplace-integration/a7i1W000000ChIUQA0/pingfederate-google-authenticator-integration-kit

Also if you are moving to the latest ThingWorx release, Ping Federate will still be available, but I believe you will be able to do SSO native to ThingWorx vs. needing to leverage Ping Federate.

Raja_Redeem
6-Contributor
(To:PaiChung)

So both Google workspace (as identity provider) and pingfederate is needed for SSO implementation to thingworx platform or can it be done only with Google workspace Single Sign-On (SSO). Please give me clarity on this. Actually for example, if signed in with our gmail accounts credentials then thingworx application can be signed in . 

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Correct.

As far as any additional clarity, what specifically are you wondering about?

Raja_Redeem
6-Contributor
(To:PaiChung)

I am wondering weather pingfederate is needed or not. Can only Google SSO can implemented with thingworx.? My question is without pingfederate, can SSO can be implemented for thingworx applications.?  Like only Google SSO, because we need to purchase pingfederate license and all my organization websites are linked with google SSO. For single thingworx application we need to purchase pingfederate. 

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

I think it might be possible with Thingworx 9.2 but not in version before that.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Raja_Redeem.

From a check of the Ping Federate website, this appears to be doable.  You will need to check the Ping Federate website for the available options.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Raja_Redeem

If you found any of the previous responses helpful, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags