cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Can Thingworx act as Time Series Historian ?

KK_8764973
1-Newbie

Can Thingworx act as Time Series Historian ?

Dear All,

We are evaluating ThingWorx solution as potential software for timeseries historian and AI & ML solutions at our factory. Here are some basic questions i have to have clear understanding .

1,  Thingworx  can be a historian ?

2.  Can i use thingworx for AI and ML solution?

3.  What is thingworx SCO solution offers?

4. What is influxDB and why it is used along with thingworx?

Thanks

Kannan K

1 REPLY 1

Hi,

I realize this is an old question, and you might already found your answers, but for posterity I will add my comments.

Those questions can not be answered quickly in this forum format (most probably this is the reason you received no answer before). It is best to contact our local sales representatives to be able to understand what are your goals, and then walk through our capabilities, then decide on the next steps (maybe there's a need for a short demo, a deep dive, a value assessment workshop etc).

1. If you really used a historian before, and all its capabilities, than probably ThingWorx won't match your needs. If you never used a historian before, and just require data storage for some time (through our InfluxDB integration) then it might serve your needs, albeit in a lightweight manner. Needless to say, a historian and ThingWorx are totally different types of software.

2. For ML, yes

3. Probably best to verify your webpage, specifically here.

4. You can find a great deal about InfluxDB if you just google it. We also published a short YouTube video here.

Top Tags