cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Clean Way to Create users for application

AliBenBelgacem
14-Alexandrite

Clean Way to Create users for application

Hello,

I searched for Clean way to create a user permission for a project but i didn't found.

Each time i try to create user for application , i always face a lot of bugs like: entity not found , you have no permission to execute event ...

I alwayd verify all permissions and i get the same blocking points so my question is;

Is there one propre way to create a user for a project, this user can do what he want only in this project (Full rights in runtime and design time + Visibility )

Steps:

1- I created Organisation

2- Created two groups (Admins groups and simple users groups), each group contain a user .

3- I add right access to the two groups (Visibility, design Time , Run time) to all entities (mashup, Things, Thing template, Thing shape ...).

4- Authantificate with the admin user created for the application

5 - Errors : Not Authorized to edit entity subcription script 

I can add this entity to Permissions -> Collections .. and give the edit right  to all entity but now the user ca see other things of other projects!So,  i don't think this is the proper way to do it (may be)  !

WHAT IS THE CLEAN WAY TO CREATE A USER WITH FULL RIGHT IN A PROPJECT IN THINGWORX ?

Thank you for your help !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @AliBenBelgacem.

If the response provided by @PaiChung allowed you to find a solution, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags