cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Widget Row Spacing (table view)

nmilleson
Pearl

Collection Widget Row Spacing (table view)

I'm trying to put some vertical space between rows in a collection widget when it is in Table view.  There is a RowSpacing property but it only seems to apply to the Flow view. I've been playing around with the CSS but I can't seem to get anything to work.  Any thoughts?

I have a workaround that almost gets me there (making the row a bit taller and put in a container that is the same color as the background of the main mashup), but then the border radius doesn't look right.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Collection Widget Row Spacing (table view)

Hi @nmilleson.

Here is a guide that may help in using CSS.  For your specific scenario, we will have to test it.

Regards.

--Sharon

@slangley ,

Thanks for the reply.  I am pretty familiar with using CSS on the widgets, I just can't find where I'd be able to change that vertical spacing on a table view collection widget.  There are a few places where I can change margins and padding in the browser console, but they don't seem to affect how the rows are spaced. 

Thanks!

Nick

Hi @nmilleson.

We've been looking at this, but need clarification of your intent.  You mentioned vertical spacing on a table, which would mean between the columns, but later mention row spacing.  Just need clarification.

There are properties for MinimumSpacing between the cells in the Row.  There is also RowSpacing that affects vertical spacing between the rows. 

Have you tried the above and it's not working for you?  We did not find an issue under 9.1.  Which version of ThingWorx are you running?

Regards.

--Sharon

@slangley ,

My apologies for not being clear.  I'm talking about the spacing between rows on a collection widget that is set to "Table" mode.  See image below (circled portion):

nmilleson_0-1620395877018.png

Right now I am "faking" that space in by putting an extra container under the time-series chart :

nmilleson_1-1620396080818.png

However, I'd rather set the spacing via mashup parameter or css.  Right now, when I want to select one of the rows in the collection, the chart and the space below are highlighted. 

Hi @nmilleson.

Which version of ThingWorx are you running?  Changes were made starting with ThingWorx 9.0, so if you're using a release before that, we'll need to take a look at it.

Regards.

--Sharon

@slangley ,

We're using version 9.1.0.

Thanks

--Nick

Announcements

Check out the upcoming Expert Session: Understanding ThingWorx Navigate Licensing in Community "Customer Events" section.