cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Connect Thingworx on cloud with Kepware on private network

SP_9027038
2-Guest

Connect Thingworx on cloud with Kepware on private network

Hello,

I'm working on a proof of concept to establish connect remote plc with thingworx that is installed on cloud. To give an overview of current setup we have

PLC and Kepware installed on prem ( in private network ), and 

Kepware, and Thingworx installed on a EC2 in AWS in public network.

What is best way to connect both of them? I wish to send data from Kepware ( on prem ) to Thingworx (on cloud) but currently it doesn't work as both are in different networks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, the guide works when Kepware is run on a computer on a private network network behind a firewall. The computer running Kepware must be able to connect to both the PLC and the server where ThingWorx is running. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Here is a step-by-step guide to connecting Kepware to ThingWorx:

https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/learning-paths/using-allen-bradley-plc-thingworx/model-allen-bradley-plc

The guide is one of several guides that cover all the steps in connecting a PLC to ThingWorx 

Hi Rick,

Thanks for sharing tutorial. This is definitely helpful. While this guide cover plc thingworx integration, I still have problem when both are in separate network, I looking for way to tunnel out of private network. Can it be done using kepware?

Yes, the guide works when Kepware is run on a computer on a private network network behind a firewall. The computer running Kepware must be able to connect to both the PLC and the server where ThingWorx is running. 

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:SP_9027038)

Hi @SP_9027038.

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags