cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Connecting Thingworx Composer to Thingworx Analytics

csummers1
9-Granite

Connecting Thingworx Composer to Thingworx Analytics

I have a local copy of Thingworx composer installed on my computer (localhost:8080) and am accessing Thingworx analytics via amazonaws.com/Thingworx/Composer.

Is there a way to link the two systems so that I can get data from composer and analyse it using the analytics that I already have access to? Without having to download and install analytics anywhere else?

Thanks,

Charlotte

4 REPLIES 4
nsampat
17-Peridot
(To:csummers1)

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the Developer portal.

Can you provide what version of ThingWorx Composer and ThingWorx Analytics you are using?

Have you imported the Extensions into ThingWorx Foundation Server?

Are you able to access the Analytics Server from your local machine that Composer installed?

Regards,

Neel

Hi,

I'm using Thingworx composer 8.1 and Analytics was just set up for me by somebody else using amazon AWS so whatever the latest version they offer will be what I am using.

I have tried importing the extension into Thingworx composer but always get an error saying that it cannot be validated.

I have previously been able to access Thingworx Analytics from my main machine with Thingworx ocmposer installed on however today I am not able to (which I have only just discovered). So for the purposes of this assume that I am able to.

Thanks,

Charlotte

nsampat
17-Peridot

Charlotte,

It is very important that the major revisions of the product match across applications. e.g. Composer 8.1 will only connect with Analytics 8.1 with Extensions 8.1

I know there is a bug with ThingWorx Composer 8.1.3 and Analytics Extensions 8.1, where the import will fail. This was fixed in Analytics Extensions 8.2, which requires Composer 8.2 and Analytics 8.2

The latest version of ThingWorx Composer is 8.2.2 and  ThingWorx Analytics is 8.2.1

If you can ask who setup your Analytics, what version it is running, that would be helpful in continuing to assist you with your connection issue.

Regards,

Neel

Leigh
Community Manager

Hi Charlotte,

Just wanted to follow up and see if you were able to resolve your question.  If so, please indicate Accepted Solution.  If not, please let us know your current status.

Thanks!

Leigh

Top Tags