cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Connecting external API into Thingworx

DMu3
12-Amethyst

Connecting external API into Thingworx

Hello,
I am trying to connect external API into Thingworx.  But i am unable to receive responses.  I attached my code here.  and i upload my result also.  Please help me to do that.
Code:

var params = {
proxyScheme: undefined /* STRING */,
headers: { 'grant_type':'*****','client_id':'******','client_secret':'******','resource':'*******'},
ignoreSSLErrors: true,
useNTLM: undefined /* BOOLEAN */,
workstation: undefined /* STRING */,
useProxy: undefined /* BOOLEAN */,
withCookies: undefined /* BOOLEAN */,
proxyHost: undefined /* STRING */,
url: "https://******", /* STRING */
timeout: 6000,
proxyPort: undefined /* INTEGER */,
password: undefined /* STRING */,
domain: undefined /* STRING */,
username: undefined /* STRING */
};

// result: JSON
var result = Resources["ContentLoaderFunctions"].GetJSON(params);

7 REPLIES 7

Did you test the API call before with a more "raw" tool like Postman or Curl?

DMu3
12-Amethyst
(To:CarlesColl)

Hello,

It's working perfectly in postman... But I am unable to get response from thingworx...  Please help me to do that... 

DMu3
12-Amethyst
(To:DMu3)

Hello,
How to pass our body into params region because when i am executing the services it is taking url alone or it is printing header section alone.  I need to get access token as a output.  I passed my url and i declared input values like grant_type,client_id inside the content.  if i run these things i am unable to access token.  My url is working fine in postman.  please help me to resolve this issues.

Thank you

Headers it's not body it's HTTP Call Headers.

If you need to add body, you should use other HTTP Methods (Post or Put) they have the content parameter.

DMu3
12-Amethyst
(To:CarlesColl)

Hii,
Whenever i am executing my services, i am getting an output like connection reset.  I attached my screenshots below.  My url and credentials are perfectly working in postman.  Please help me to do that.

Can you share a postman screenshot with the service call configuration.

karthik2
7-Bedrock
(To:DMu3)

Hi,

can you get the output for the above issue.I am also working on similar to your code.I am also getting the same issue

Thanks,

karthik

Top Tags