cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

How to connect external SQL database from Thingworx

Janaki.Raman
7-Bedrock

How to connect external SQL database from Thingworx

Hi,

My Thingworx is cloud hosted 9.x version and am trying to connect a SQL database which is in our organization network, I failed to connect after all configurations. Do I need to create a tunnel access here to connect to the database? How can I connect?

Transaction has been marked as a failure for request /Thingworx/Things/RDBMSAccess_TH/Services/GetPropertyValuesAsMultiRowTable

thanks,

John

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Janaki.Raman  

Kindly check the below article, and let us know your feedback on it.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS318728

Hi @Surya_Tiwari 

My only question is, as am using Thingworx cloud which is hosted and managed by PTC and my database server is in our organization network, will this configuration still work even there are two different networks? without tunnel? or Do I need tunnel to be created?

thanks,

John

Hi @Janaki.Raman  If you want to establish a connection from their PTC-hosted cloud environment to an on-prem resource, like a DB, they would need to log a cloud service request.  They will then be asked by the cloud team for the relevant connection details and from there, the cloud team will create the appropriate network security rules to allow the connection.

Hi @Janaki.Raman ,

yes, Tunnel Needs to be created.

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham
Top Tags