cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Connection Error using Basic Thing with Property

gherr-2
1-Newbie

Connection Error using Basic Thing with Property

Hi all,

I am running ThingWorx on localhost using Apache Tomcat 8.0. I have modified the config.json file with IP Address  as 'localhost'. This is how the link to my ThingWorx webpage looks like : http://localhost/Thingworx/Composer/index.html. When I am trying to run the example # 3, I am unable to create the connection. Following are the logs:

SELECTED: Basic Thing with Property

Running Example #3: minimal agent w/ property

[Error] Error intializing socket connection.  Err = 111

[Error] twWs_Connect: Error restarting socket.  Error 111

[Error] twMessage_Send: Error sending Message with RequestId 1

[Error] [HomeLight0]: Error calling twApi_WriteProperty() for LightLocation - 1107

[Error] Error intializing socket connection.  Err = 111

[Error] twWs_Connect: Error restarting socket.  Error 111

[Error] twMessage_Send: Error sending Message with RequestId 2

[Error] [HomeLight0]: Error calling twApi_PushProperties() - 1107

[Error] Error connecting - 1001

Could you please help? TIA!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ttielebein
12-Amethyst
(To:gherr-2)

Well, if you are connecting to ThingWorx with the provided URL above (http://localhost/Thingworx/Composer/index.html​), then you know that ThingWorx is running on port 80 (as none is specified and port 80 is the default for HTTP). So I don't think the comment about port 22 is entirely relevant. Might be worth a try just to swap those guys out since it is easy to check.

I don't think that "tls" is a valid parameter. If you are trying to set the encryption to false, I'd use:

"ws_connection": {

"encryption": "none"

}

If swapping that syntax out doesn't help, try adding:

"certificates": {

"validate": false,

"allow_self_signed": true

}

Let me know how this goes. For a full list of valid parameters for this file, see the config.json.complete file, which should have been included in your EMS download.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ttielebein
12-Amethyst

Can you please post the rest of your config.json file contents here so I can look at it?

Thanks!

Tori

Thank you Tori for your reply. CJ.PNG

Also, I have checked the ports opened on my Rpi using netstat -tln: It is listening only on port 22 and not 80. I am not sure if this makes a difference  or not.

ttielebein
12-Amethyst

Well, if you are connecting to ThingWorx with the provided URL above (http://localhost/Thingworx/Composer/index.html​), then you know that ThingWorx is running on port 80 (as none is specified and port 80 is the default for HTTP). So I don't think the comment about port 22 is entirely relevant. Might be worth a try just to swap those guys out since it is easy to check.

I don't think that "tls" is a valid parameter. If you are trying to set the encryption to false, I'd use:

}

If swapping that syntax out doesn't help, try adding:

}

Let me know how this goes. For a full list of valid parameters for this file, see the config.json.complete file, which should have been included in your EMS download.

Thank you Tori. I replaced localhost with the exact IP address of my local machine in the conf.json file and it worked! Really appreciate your help

ttielebein
12-Amethyst

No problem!

Hi Tori,

I am getting the following error when I try to do Rasberry Pi 2 example . I have same config.json where I placed the IP address of my Thingworx server.

{

"connection": {

"host": "192.168.1.18",

"port": 80,

"app_key": "xxxxxxxxxxx"

},

"tls":{

"encryption": false

}

}

SELECTED: Basic Thing with Property

Running Example #3: minimal agent w/ property

[Error] Error intializing socket connection.  Err = 113

[Error] twWs_Connect: Error restarting socket.  Error 113

[Error] twMessage_Send: Error sending Message with RequestId 1

[Error] [PKG_HomeLight0]: Error calling twApi_WriteProperty() for LightLocation - 1107

[Error] Error intializing socket connection.  Err = 113

[Error] twWs_Connect: Error restarting socket.  Error 113

[Error] twMessage_Send: Error sending Message with RequestId 2

[Error] [PKG_HomeLight0]: Error calling twApi_PushProperties() - 1107

[Error] Error connecting - 1001

Any help is appreciated

This file is not formatted properly. For a full list of formatting options, see config.json.complete. Here is what you are trying to do, I think:

{

"ws_servers": [{

"host": IP_ADDRESS,

"port": 80

}],

"appKey": "b7341ad4-4069-401a-97b0-7bade159e54f",

},