cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Custom Widget error on Runtime

enze
9-Granite

Custom Widget error on Runtime

Hi, the custom widget given in the tutorial is not working after I imported it. It has errors during the runtime. "ERROR - TW.Runtime.Workspace.Mashups.getWidget exception loading widget { name: Error, message: simplewidgetdoesn't exist }" 

I have search the community about this problem and it says to clear cache or change browser. Done all of that but still having this error. Shouldn't it work if I just build the files from https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/guides/create-mashup-widget-extension/completed-example-create-mashup-widget-extension and import them? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
enze
9-Granite
(To:raluca_edu)

Hi, I realise there was an error because I imported another widget previously and that was the widget that cause the issue. So incase anyone had spend a few hours trying to understand why their widget did not work it could be that the previous widget then imported might cause some error. After removing it, my custom widget works as per normal! Thank you! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
raluca_edu
17-Peridot
(To:enze)

Hi,

I tried to import that custom widget, but there is no metadata.xml in the extension and it cannot be imported.

Can you check please if you have a metadata.xml file in your archive? You imported it without any error?

Thanks,

Raluca Edu 

enze
9-Granite
(To:raluca_edu)

Hi, I realise there was an error because I imported another widget previously and that was the widget that cause the issue. So incase anyone had spend a few hours trying to understand why their widget did not work it could be that the previous widget then imported might cause some error. After removing it, my custom widget works as per normal! Thank you! 

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:enze)

What version of ThingWorx are you using?

Top Tags