cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Custom Widgets Do Not Exist

nmilleson
17-Peridot

Custom Widgets Do Not Exist

I'm having issues viewing custom widgets in a mashup (ThingWorx 8.2).  I followed all of the steps on Article CS246176 (https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS246176&source=snippet) but I still get the "<widgetName>does not exist" error on run-time.  At first I tried a widget that I created with the d3 library.  Then, just to check my sanity I created a simple "hello world" like widget in Eclipse.  Both of them throw the same error.  Are there any newer widgets in the marketplace that, if installed, cause issues akin to what the aforementioned article addresses (i.e. d3 tree, network, and custom chart widgets)?  Or has anybody else found a solution to this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Have you tried to check the Browser Console for any Errors?

I have got similar errors if the Syntax of Extension Widgets is not correct. But the error is shown in the Browser Console (Syntax error, 404 etc)

And clear your Browser Cache if you import new Extensions!

See if this helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:nmilleson)

Hi @nmilleson.

Are you referring to a widget you built yourself or referencing one you downloaded from the marketplace?  Is the behavior consistent across browsers?

If you can provide more information, we will try to determine a solution.

Regards.

--Sharon

Have you tried to check the Browser Console for any Errors?

I have got similar errors if the Syntax of Extension Widgets is not correct. But the error is shown in the Browser Console (Syntax error, 404 etc)

And clear your Browser Cache if you import new Extensions!

See if this helps!

That was it! Thanks.  Missing parentheses of course....

Top Tags