cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Customize Gadget Library

GM_9528891
11-Garnet

Customize Gadget Library

I would like to make the gadgets in the gadget library 'standard' and only when they are added to the dashboard will the data binding take place.
what is the best approach for this purpose?

4 REPLIES 4
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:GM_9528891)

This is what should happen.

Gadgets are set up to 'lock in' the mashup parameter values when they are added to a dashboard.

So you want to make sure that in your library you have pickers for all the parameters and they are bound to your gadget.

To go one step further, you can utilize session parameters in your gadgets and set context that way. This will require some thought around situations where you might add a gadget to a dashboard multiple times.

Mh. First of all thank you for the reply. In my scenario the gadget library is fixed next to the dashboard, and I have already set the session parameters to the gadgets. Is it possible to reset them only in the gadget library?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

From what you describe, I do not think it is possible sorry.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @GM_9528891.

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags