cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Dashboard options to add new Group not working

nhksrd
13-Aquamarine

Dashboard options to add new Group not working

I am on thingworx 8.5, creating a dashboard as per the developer guide 

https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/guides/customizable-responsive-ui/dashboard-finalize-dashboard

I added dashboard widget, linked a dashboard id. But when I clicked Add new Group on Dashboard options, no response from Thingworx Composer to enter group. Cant proceed further.

Tried restarting server, client could not help. In application and error logs no message observed.

Any inputs to fix the issue?

IssueDashboard.jpg

Regards,

Hari

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:nhksrd)

Hi Hari

I just noticed there were some unnecessary entities in my previous export that would probably prevent you from importing it.

I have attached a new version now, hopefully should be good to import.

Hope this helps

Christophe

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi @nhksrd 

I think you miss the very last step on the previous page.

They ask to select View Mashup.

The Add Group works in the Runtime Mashup not in the Design one, your screenshot shows you are in the Design Mashup.

So select View Mashup and the Add Group should work there.

Hope this helps

Christophe

nhksrd
13-Aquamarine
(To:cmorfin)

Thanks, I missed the View Mashup step.

Regards,

Hari

nhksrd
13-Aquamarine

The list is populated as per the developer guide but the selection of list item is not updating the gadget in dashboard. Followed the link https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Dashboard-amp-Binding-data/m-p/628122#M39393 on using Session parameter but could not understand on how list item selection in dashboard mashup will update the gadgets in dash board. We have mashup parameters defined in gadgets but how this mash up parameters are passed from TestDashboardMashup1 is unclear from guide and the URL above.

Even selected row event change should update gadget data, that is also not clear. 

Any inputs please

Hi,

We are currently updating this guide to better show how the list can be utilized here. The best solution for such a problem would be to either:

1: Update where the list widget is located. This will set where you update the particular Thing used for for the gadget.

A, Add a list widget to the gadget library.

B, Set the list widget selection to the input for the gadgets.

C, Remove the list widget used for the gadget library.

2: Use the list on the dashboard mashup to set a session parameter (https://devzone-staging.thingworx.com/en/resources/guides/create-stored-session-data-how).

A, Update the gadgets to use a session parameter instead of a mashup parameter.

B, Use the list on the dashboard mashup to set the session parameter.

nhksrd
13-Aquamarine
(To:thingw0rxgenie)

With option 2 of using session parameter, the selected row in list need an update to session parameter for selected thing. Do we accomplish this by writing a custom service.

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi @nhksrd 

One way to do it is to assigned the session parameter to the SelectedRow > name value.

Then execute the GetPropertyValues service on that session parameter changed event.

See attached as this is not very easy to explain

Hope this help

Christophe

nhksrd
13-Aquamarine

Thanks for your input.

Session Parameter Changed works for Gauge widget in TestGadget but PropertyDisplay widget in TestGadget2 is not updated. I will debug further in logs if possible.

Thanks,

Hari

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi @nhksrd 

Have you been able to use the entities I sent to check if that works for you on your side ?

There is maybe some issue due to the version you use, but the entities I sent yesterday do work on my side, so that would be interesting to know if they work for you too.

Note, my entities use similar names, so you may want to export yours first and rename them before importing my entities.

Christophe

nhksrd
13-Aquamarine

Hi Christophe,

I reviewed the XML you sent and added session parameter change event. Will try taking back up of my entities and import XML you shared.

Regards,

Hari

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi Hari

I just noticed there were some unnecessary entities in my previous export that would probably prevent you from importing it.

I have attached a new version now, hopefully should be good to import.

Hope this helps

Christophe

You wouldn't need to create a custom service.

1. Follow the guide mentioned on creating a session parameter.

2. Create a session parameter that is a ThingName (call it WorldName).

3. Use the name value of the selected row from the service that populates the list and use it to set the value for the session parameter.

4. On the gadgets, use the session variable (WorldName) to be the EntityName parameter of the service instead of the Mashup parameters.

NOTE: Ensure the session parameter variable is updated when the row selection in the list is changed.

nhksrd
13-Aquamarine
(To:thingw0rxgenie)

Thanks for your input.

I already linked selected row name to Session parameter.

Hope that will ensure the Session parameter change once row selection is done. As replied in previous post response, there is an issue with Property Dispay widget updation while Gadget update works.

Regards,

Hari

Top Tags