cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

DataBase ThingTemplate "isConnected" property is displayed as derived from GenericThing

MR_9958321
3-Visitor

DataBase ThingTemplate "isConnected" property is displayed as derived from GenericThing

The "Properties and Alerts" tab of the Database Thing Template lists "isConnected" property as derived from GenericThing.
Also, when listing properties of an inheritance hierarchy, Thingworx will only list them all (wrong) as derived from the parent.
While function of the inheritance mechanisms is not affected it is clearly stressful and needs to be fixed to enable communicating the layout to your colleagues.

Affects at least V 9.1.8

Can I use some workaround to get a clear picture of existing ThingTemplate assets without having to inspect them one-by-one?

The "Properties and Alerts" tab of the Database Thing Template lists "isConnected" property as derived from GenericThing.
Also, when listing properties of an inheritance hierarchy, Thingworx will only list them all (wrong) as derived from the parent.
While function of the inheritance mechanisms is not affected it is clearly stressful and needs to be fixed to enable communicating the layout to your colleagues.

Affects at least V 9.1.8

Can I use some workaround to get a clear picture of existing ThingTemplate assets without having to inspect them one-by-one?

MR_9958321_0-1660838188481.png

1 REPLY 1
jensc
17-Peridot
(To:MR_9958321)

Hello,

I realize this is a bit late, and I am not entirely sure I understand you question. But there is a service in the resource "SearchFunctions" entity called "SearchThingsByTemplate" that you can use to find all entities that is using a certain thing template.

Is this perhaps what you were looking for?

Regards,

Jens

Top Tags